Festival Program Internship - Spring/Summer
- Category: Internships
- Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Contact: James Bruton (515-286-4956)
- Location: Des Moines
Des Moines Arts Festival® Program Intern will assist the Festival staff in the preparation and execution of the Festival. The position begins part-time during the Spring Semester (January – May) and continues as a full-time member of the team starting in May, through the three-day event, and ending the last week in July.
This key position's primary responsibility will be to assist the executive director with preparation and execution of the Festival’s award-winning programs including the Juried Art Fair, Interactive Art Activity, Student Art Exhibition, Community Outreach, and Emerging Iowa Artists Program.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to: program management and execution, research, data management, creating and executing collateral materials, artist relations, sponsor and donor relations, volunteer relations, and manual labor. All interns are involved in the day-to-day operations of the organization. We work together as a team, helping each other successfully execute the details of the event production. Extensive hours are required during the week of the event, and likely during the month of June leading up to the event (nights & weekends where needed). All interns are expected to contribute to the overall success of the Festival including load-in and load-out of the Festival and any “heavy lifting” required to be successful.
Qualifications we seek:
· Very detail oriented
· Self-sufficient, independent worker
· Upbeat and positive attitude
· Enjoys manual labor and hands-on activities
· Can handle working outdoors (in any weather element) and on their feet for several hours
Skills we seek:
· Solid working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher.
· Solid writing and communication via letter writing and emails.
· Experience with Social Media platforms.
· Experience with internet content development is a plus.
Resumes and Cover Letters should be sent to James Bruton via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to James via email or phone: 515-286-4956.