For the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, the Des Moines Arts Festival® (DMAF) has established the following polocies:
- Please respect the original work of the artists - Taking photos without asking and receiving permission is PROHBITED. Ask before snapping a photo!
- No outside beverages are allowed within the Festival site. For safety reasons, glass bottles are prohibited within the Festival site. Revenue from Festival sanctioned on-site beverage sales assists the DMAF in remaining an admission-free event. Proceeds also benefit our many non-profit vending partners’ important community programs.
- Alcoholic beverages are sold within the Festival site to patrons 21-years and older presenting valid identification. State laws and regulations require that alcoholic beverages purchased at the Festival remain on-site. On-site security will ask you to dispose of any alcoholic beverages before you exit or enter.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any structure or in any seating area on the Festival grounds.
- Skateboards, roller blades, large signs and placards which may endanger or inconvenience the public attending the Festival are prohibited on-site.
- Please dismount bikes upon entering the Festival site. Free bike valet is available at the intersection of 15th Street and Grand Avenue.
- Non-sanction activities, including public address or buskering are prohibited on the Festival site.
- All packages are subject to search.
- Be kind to your pets - leave them at home when you visit the Festival. Pets are highly discouraged for the safety of the pet due to the heat and the number of people. City regulations state that service dogs are allowed on-site. Pets are not allowed inside artist's tents.
- No firearms or weapons allowed on the Festival site.
- The Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the reasonable policies established for public safety or to restrict activities such as public address to designated areas.