Media Advisory: 2018 Des Moines Arts Festival®
Monday, June 18, 2018
Media Advisory: 2018 Des Moines Arts Festival®
#DMAF2018 is just one week away
The eleven-time Grand Pinnacle Award-winning Des Moines Arts Festival presented by Nationwide will be held June 22-24, 2018. This free annual three-day event invites you to “…go where it takes you…” by engaging with 178 invited professional visual artists, emerging Iowa artists, the cutting edge Interrobang Film Festival presented by AARP Movies For Grownups, live music, performing arts, interactive arts activities, award-winning community outreach programs, live artist workshops and demonstrations, artisan food, and beverages for every taste.
Please click here to see the Official 2018 Des Moines Arts Festival® Media Kit.
What: 2018 Des Moines Arts Festival®
When: Friday, June 22, 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Saturday, June 23, 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.Sunday, June 24,11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Western Gateway Park, Downtown Des Moines
- Juried Art Fair featuring 178 visual artists representing 37 states and Canada who have been selected from a competitive jury process sponsored by Nationwide Insurance
- Emerging Iowa Artists Program and artist workshops presented by PrincipalSM
- 55 film screenings from 30 different countries at the Interrobang Film Festival presented by AARP Movies For Grownups
- Prairie Meadows Community Outreach Program showcasing and supporting 27 Central Iowa non-profit organizations
- The live music of Jukebox the Ghost and Sir Sly on Friday night and Spin Doctors on Saturday night, along with Brazilian 2wins, Adé & The Soul Brothers, Andy Fleming & The Sweet Nothings, Ryne Doughty, Treesreach, The Fuss and others on the Hy-Vee Main Stage
- The Laser Spectacular light and sound show Friday and Saturday nights after the headlining acts on the Hy-Vee Main Stage
- BOOM ART! presented by MidAmerican Energy Company
- Green Arts Zero-Waste Sustainability Program presented by Voya Financial®
- Silent Rivers Design+Build VIP Club, Hospitality Suites and #DMAFcurated exhibit
- More than 900 volunteer shifts sponsored by Polk County Board of Supervisors
- Des Moines Art Center’s Student Art Exhibition and Visionary Artists Ceremony presented by Hubbell Homes
- Artist Demonstrations presented by John Deere
- Zones with CenturyLink wi-fi, charging stations and streaming social media hosted by WHO-HD, iHeart Media and Des Moines Radio Group
- More than 30 Interactive Arts Activities
- WHO-HD celebrities Meet & Greet
- DART bus unveiling and art tours presented by DART and the Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build
- Official merchandise and apparel available at two Arts Festival Shops
- Wide variety of beverages from Budweiser and Gateway Market
- Iowa Craft Beer Tent and Court Ave. Brewing Co. featuring the Festival's craft brews, Sassy Saison & One-Eyed Red
- 26 eclectic food booths and food trucks
- Sculpture Garden
- Acoustic Stage presented by Meredith Corporation featuring Joe Pug and Jeffrey Foucault and Dan Tedesco, Joe and Vicki Price, Dusty Heart, Shaun Munday, Natascha Myers, Ace Jones, Patresa Hartman, Josh Sinclair and Denise Forney and more
Calendar: For a full list of events throughout the three-day Festival, and to create your own personalized events calendar, visit www.desmoinesartsfestival.org/schedules
Facebook – facebook.com/DesMoinesArtsFestival
Instagram – @desmoinesartsfestival
Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/dmartsfest/
Snapchat – dmartsfestival
About the Des Moines Arts Festival®
The eleven-time Grand Pinnacle Award-winning Des Moines Arts Festival presented by Nationwide will be held June 22-24, 2018. This free annual three-day arts and culture festival will surround the John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park. DMAF invites you to “…go where it takes you…” by engaging with 180 invited professional visual artists, emerging Iowa artists, the cutting-edge Interrobang Film Festival, live music, performing arts, interactive arts activities, award-winning community outreach programs, live artist workshops and demonstrations, artisan food, and beverages for every taste. The Des Moines Arts Festival is presented by Nationwide and sponsored by Bravo Greater Des Moines, Prairie Meadows, Principal, and MidAmerican Energy.
For more information please visit us online at www.desmoinesartsfestival.org or socialize with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DesMoinesArtsFestival, Twitter at @DMArtsFestival, Instagram at @desmoinesartsfestival, Pinterest at @dmartsfest, on YouTube and on LinkedIn. #GoWhereItTakesYou #DMAF #DMAF2018 #Nationwide #MakeSafeHappen
If you’d like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview, please call Belle Du Chene at 646-712-2196 or email Belle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.