The “Best Festival in the World” just days away
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 2017 Des Moines Arts Festival®: The “Best Festival in the World” just days away
What: 2017 Des Moines Arts Festival®
When: Friday, June 23, 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 24, 11:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 25,11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Western Gateway Park, Downtown Des Moines
- Juried Art Fair featuring 176 visual artists representing 29 states and the countries of Argentina and Canada who have been selected from a competitive jury process sponsored by Nationwide Insurance
- Emerging Iowa Artists Program and artist workshops presented by PrincipalSM
- DART bus unveiling (Friday, June 23rd an 12:00 p.m. on 12th Street between Grand Avenue and Locust Street) and art tours presented by DART and the Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation
- Des Moines Storytellers Project presented by The Des Moines Register
- 48 film screenings at the Interrobang Film Festival
- Prairie Meadows Community Outreach Program showcasing and supporting 22 Central Iowa non-profit organizations
- The live music of Saint Motel and Sires on Friday night and Big Head Todd and the Monsters on Saturday night, along with local favorites The Maytags, Halfloves and GoodCat on the Hy-Vee Main Stage
- Acoustic Stage presented by Meredith Corporation featuring Joe Purdy and The Pines
- eVenti Verticali’s WANTED presented by Athene USA
- Secret Walls presented by Wells Fargo
- BOOM ART! presented by MidAmerican Energy Company
- The street theatre experience of Bill Robison and Fantastick Patrick as well as activities in the Creative Zone
- Green Arts Zero-Waste Sustainability Program presented by Voya Financial®
- Silent Rivers Design+Build VIP Club, Hospitality Suites and #DMAFcurated exhibit
- More than 1,200 volunteers sponsored by ARAG
- Des Moines Art Center’s Student Art Exhibition and Visionary Artists Ceremony presented by Hubbell Homes
- Artist Demonstrations presented by John Deere
- Media Zones with CenturyLink Wi-Fi, charging stations hosted by WHO-HD
- More than 25 Interactive Arts Activities
- Self-guided painting with Pinot’s Palette
- WHO-HD celebrities Meet & Greet
Effective 9:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 21 through 6:00 a.m. on Monday, June 26 the following streets will be closed:
- Grand Avenue from 11th Street to 16th Street (North two traffic lanes remain open until 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday
- Locust Street from 16th Street to 10th Street
- 15th Street from Ingersoll Avenue to Walnut Street
- 14th Street from High Street to Grand Avenue
- 13th Street from Grand Avenue to Walnut Street
- 12th Street from High Street to Walnut Street
About the Des Moines Arts Festival®
The Gold Grand Pinnacle Award-winning Des Moines Arts Festival® is a free annual three-day arts and culture festival the last weekend in June surrounding the John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park and is presented by The Des Moines Register. The Festival would also not be possible without the support of Bravo Greater Des Moines, Principal℠, MidAmerican Energy, and Prairie Meadows. DMAF invites you to “go where it takes you…” by engaging with 180 invited professional visual artists, emerging Iowa artists, the cutting-edge Interrobang Film Festival, live music, performing arts, interactive arts activities, award-winning community outreach programs, live artist workshops and demonstrations, artisan food, and beverages for every taste.
For more information please visit us online at www.desmoinesartsfestival.org or socialize with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DesMoinesArtsFestival, twitter at @DMArtsFestival and Instagram at desmoinesartsfestival. #GoWhereItTakesYou #DMAF #DMAF20
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.