The award-winning Volunteer Program is sponsored by
We couldn't put on an award-winning Festival of this magnitude without YOUR help!
Volunteer shifts for the 2019 Des Moines Arts Festival will be posted early 2019.
Do you want to be a part of one of the best festivals this side of anywhere?
Great, because volunteers are a vital part of the Des Moines Arts Festival.
If you have a desire to be more involved with the Festival as a volunteer manager, please consider being part of the Event Management Team. Submit your information HERE to learn more.
No-shows can really cause great difficulties from the planning to the execution stages of the Festival weekend. We ask that you be able to report on time and remain on task for the duration of your shift(s).
All volunteers will receive a volunteer t-shirt to wear during their shift(s) and snacks during their shifts.
All volunteers must be at least 16 years old when they report for their volunteer shift.
Volunteer HQ Hours
- Plan to arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your registered shift in order to get from your vehicle to the Volunteer Headquarters.
- Volunteers will check-in at Volunteer Headquarters Tent (located on the east side of 13th Street, just south of Grand Avenue) prior to your shift.
- Prior to your shift you will have a short informational training and will be instructed to your volunteer area.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for your work area and pending weather conditions.
- Do not wear caps or other items with logos that advertise any companies other than our sponsors.
- Drink plenty of water - it can get hot out there! There is a water cooler station at Volunteer Headquarters.
- We have Gone Green at the Des Moines Arts Festival® so be sure to bring your own water bottle to fill up throughout your shift. Snacks will also be available in Volunteer Headquarters for volunteers during your shift(s).
- Remember, whatever you bring must be carried with you during your shift.
- NO drinking of alcoholic beverages or smoking while working your volunteer shift or while wearing your Festival Volunteer T-Shirt.
Questions? Please contact Matt, our Volunteer Coordinator, with any questions about volunteering.